Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Environment attempt :D


So, for my final in my photoshop class, we had the freedom to do whatever we wanted. As an attempt to challenge myself, I chose to do an environment painting. My original plan was to do an environment, specifically a city with some portraits of characters (the roughs for that are up top there) that belonged in it, like you would see in a style guide for an animation or something. However I realized I should probably just focus on the environment for now, I will definitely be painting the characters later on though.

Anyway, the environment,  I really wanted to do a city on a mountain side, in a higher altitude, probably with some snow, and maybe waterfalls, you know because that makes sense.

I was thinking it would be somewhere where the girl in this very very old, (did I mention it is old) drawing of mine lived.


These photos are from various sources I've had on my computer for a while, they are mostly from searches of 'city on a mountain' 'mountain village, etc' on google.
The last is a painting by snowskadi that I really liked the mood of. :D

So here's my process so far, I had a few other thumbnails for the idea but they are rather sketchy and vague and I think I am the only one that understands what is going on in them, haha.

So I kind of went crazy in that 4th one and lost the feel that I had in my sketches, so I scrapped that.


Still workin.

1 comment: