Friday, April 18, 2014

Peter & The Wolf 5: Illustration & Too Many Words Edition


As promised, here are the two illustrations I was able to complete, I wanted to post some process stuff, as that's what this blog is for, hence the separate post. 


The story of Peter & the Wolf is very basic, the majority of it is the music and your imagination, but for illustrative purposes I switched it up a bit.
Peter and Duck are friends, bros even, they leave home one bright happy morning to adventure in the woods nearby, they stop for a snack, the wolf sees the duck and he likes what he sees.
He attacks, the duck is eaten, Peter runs away in fear, unable to save his friend.
Now Peter has other animal friends, and he wants to get his revenge on the wolf, so enlists the help of Bird to capture the wolf.

Now here's the fun(??) part!

HOW I MANAGED TO DO THESE I GUESS???

I posted these in a previous post, but these were some early thumbnails:


I liked them chilling in the field with a menacing wolf somewhere and then switching it so Peter was the one doing the 'hunting'. So I chose my thumbnails based on that.

THE FIRST ONE
I kind of based this on this thumbnail, although, although that changed somewhat, it was more the idea behind it, Peter & Duck are unsuspecting and the wolf is sneaky.





Some color thumbs, I liked the idea of the grass being gold so that was a color I tried to keep in most of these (tried green for funsies)

Then I just went ahead and painted it.



THE NEXT ONE
This one was the bane of my existence for a while. I had such a hard time with the color, value, composition, and everything.


So this was my initial sketch, the thing on the tree branch is the cat (when she was in the story)




Some color thumbnails, I probably did the local colors for this one 50000 times and changed the composition as many.



Finally after asking a lot of different people for ideas, and  a lot of help from my awesome teacher. 
I picked one of the color thumbnails, and just tried to make it work, I added trees in the background, but found out they kind of messed up the composition, so out they went.  


and that's the end, I'd like to do some more on this (like a layout drawing of the yurt, I flippin love layout drawings). But there you go!







BONNUSS:

A totally unrelated robot girl at the cluuuuubbb yis

No comments:

Post a Comment